Cinnamon, Maple Roasted Butternut Squash
Weston made this the other day. It was so delicious I had to share it with you. Yes, he did all the work while I fawned over the magic, took photos and then ate it all. The burnt orange color, and maple, cinnamon taste had me feeling the warm fuzzies of fall.
PLUS, it's healthy. Those gluten free, lactose free, paleo, vegetarian, fitness people can eat it too! ;)
1 butternut squash
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 1/2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
salt and black pepper (however much your mouth desires)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F degrees - Drink a fall cocktail while you wait & prep ;)
2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray it with cooking spray
3. Peel and seed the butternut squash (don't worry this is the hardest part, if you feel tired, just whisper words of love to the squash)
4. Cut it up! Bite size cubes will do.
5. Combine olive oil, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and maple syrup in a small bowl
6. Spread your new mix evenly on the butternut squash - Weston did this by placing the squash cubes in a plastic bag, pouring the mix in and SHAKING IT UP! It's more fun (to watch) that way XD
7. Place in oven, roast for 35 - 40 minutes (until squash is tender) (no photo because I was distracted by Arlo, and hey, you know what an oven is)
8. Take out and STUFF YOUR FACE (don't burn yourself silly)
YOU DID IT! Enjoy the yumminess of fall. Show off on Thanksgiving day!
Here's a random photo of Arlo because he's so cute.